UPSC CGS & GR Exam 2020: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has given a notification for the recruitment of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2020 and publish Mains Exam 2020 Date Announced. Candidates are advised to visit on the portal for exam schedule & Admit Card related details, the link available below important link section.
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 25-09-2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 15-10-2019 till 6.00 p.m
- Online Applications can be Withdrawn: From 22-10-2019 to 28-10-2019 till 06:00 PM
- The date for Preliminary Exam (Computer Based Test): 19-01-2020
- Date for Main Exam: 08-08-2020 (Deferred) (Rescheduled to 17 & 18-10-2020)
Age Limit (as on 01-01-2020)
A candidate for this examination must have attained the age criteria as prescribed below:-
For Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’) in the Geological Survey of India, an
attached office of Ministry of Mines, Government of India: A candidate must have attained the age of 21
years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the
year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January 2020] i.e. he/she must have been
born not earlier than 2nd January 1988 and not later than 1st January 1999.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are
exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only),
along with the submission of On-line Application Form, either by remitting the money in any Branch
of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet
Banking of SBI. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next
7 working days only.
- “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 11:59 p.m. of 14.10.2019 i.e. one day before the closing date of submission of application
- Available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 6:00 p.m. of 15.10.2019.
Details of the Recruitment
|Post Name||Total Vacancy||Qualification|
|Geologist, Group A||79||Master’s Degree (Relevant Disciplines)|
|Geophysicist, Group A||05||M.Sc (Relevant Disciplines)|
|Chemist, Group A||15||M.Sc (Relevant Disciplines)|
|Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A||03||Master Degree (Relevant Disciplines)|